Wednesday, May 18, 2016

In the Palm of Your Hand


 

Softer than a breeze rustling the cottonwood trees

Sweeter than a first kiss

Your almighty hands cradle my soul.

 

The very hands that created the stars, the moon, and the fiery sun

That formed every animal—the fierce tiger, the massive whale, the purring kitten

That “knit me together in my mother’s womb”

 Cradle my soul.

 

As a mother cradles her baby, you cradle me.

Your hands guide, protect, and, yes, like a mother with her baby,

Rock away all my doubts and fears.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Your words made me slow down, to read, to ponder, to worship. Thanks, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. My ladies group met this morning for a mini-retreat. As I wrote this, I sat on the back deck, journal in hand and God in my heart, doing the very things you mentioned. It was a good morning.

      Delete
  2. In His hands, the only place I want to be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're resting in the palm of His hands and being His hands and feet in Zambia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Nancy!! I love how a simple poem can be such a portal to God, touching the skirts of the mystery! Your words bring me to this beautiful place we all so need in this world!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kathy! We do so need our quiet moments with God, don't we? Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete